DR. WHAW? – January 14, 2010
Another busy day at the office, but I’m so happy to be where I am. If you haven’t been around the blog lately, check out my post about my new gig and say hello to tell me what’s new in your life. I’m being a super-multitasker tonight and participating in the #u30pro chat while I fill y’all in. Without further delay, here’s what I Didn’t Read While Hard At Work today!
DR. WHAW? – January 14, 2010
1. Why CMOs Need to Instill Better Measurement Discipline… Now by Jim Lenskold — The title alone should tell you why I’m all about this article from MarketingProfs. Measurement is so incredibly important, and I think that it is key to get this into PR mindsets as soon as possible. I learned a little about measurement in college, but absolutely everyone in PR needs to learn early and often how important measurement integration is.
2. Inability To Track ROI Does Not Absolve You From Measuring by Rachel Happe — Beautiful, this is just what I like to see! Measurement does not have to mean ROI. Calculating ROI is really a financial thing, and may not be the best measurement for every campaign or project. This doesn’t mean that you cannot measure anything, though. There is an in between.
3. Twebinar Recap: Xbox by Gwen McIntyre — There is nothing that I love more these days than Radian6, and this is a great case study of sorts from the folks at Radian6. It’s a great look at what you can find when looking at social media chatter and how much you can learn through measurement. Also, it shows what Radian6 can do, and I just can’t get enough of them. 🙂
4. Catching up to Mobile by Adam Cahill — Just what I was looking for a few weeks ago when I wondered how the heck to measure mobile. This is a great introduction to how we can catch up with mobile technology because there is nothing left to do but catch up! If you’re as interested in mobile as I am, then you need to check this out.
5. Nonprofict Social Media – Integration is Key by Heather Whaling — I know that I don’t focus much on nonprofit organizations, but I should give them more credit. This is a great look at social media (and measurement!) from the view of a nonprofit. This is a great read for anyone interested in social media or nonprofits.
6. Video: The Future of Social Media by Steve Rubel — This is just a great look at the world ahead from one of the greats in social media. It takes a look at why you need to be online, how to send the right messages, how to measure social media metrics and how reputation works in the new digital world. This is absolutely a must-read!
7. I’ll Never Go Back To School by Matt Cheuvront — I wanted to include this blog post because I think it’s an important discussion, and believe me! There is a HUGE discussion already blooming over here (143 comments at time of writing). Matt Chevy explains why he will never go back to get his Masters Degree and what that’s the best decision for him. I have been thinking lately about whether I really do want to eventually go back for my own Masters, and this blog post made me stop and question my reasons. What do you think? Please, weigh in!
And with that, I must get to my Thursday evening TV shows! I’m an avid Bones fan, and I hear there’s some alien funny business on this one! Happy almost-Friday, y’all.