My Top 25 Before 25
A little while ago, I asked y’all how you measure personal success, and your responses were overwhelmingly helpful! So I decided to take a moment and share my goals with you. I’ve come up with my top 25 goals that I’d like to achieve before I’m 25 years old. Because I’m such an organization freak, they’re broken down into categories. 🙂
- Adopt a dog to be the start of my new, grown-up family.
- Run a second triathlon, this time with my dad, and walk/run a half-marathon with my two best friends (who I did the first triathlon with).
- Make my old friendships a priority by setting up phone and Skype dates with my friends and family who I can’t see on a regular basis.
- Nurture new Chicago friendships and have a Chicago friend family that can be relied on much like my oldest and dearest friends.
- Volunteer at PAWS Chicago at least once each week and find a way to give back to UNC, too.
- Improve my understanding of social media channels and how Edelman is using them.
- Ask questions early and often, and be willing to turn in a project late if it means doing it right the first time around.
- Seek out new and different projects where I can help out and learn more about measurement and social media.
- Read and absorb anything and everything about social media measurement in order to broaden my skills and to better help clients.
- Become the go-to measurement guru in the Edelman Digital Chicago office.
- Claim my own domain name and begin learning (and using!) HTML coding.
- Write blog posts each week about something that I love or am passionate about.
- Become a regular contributor on a group blog or a guest post-er on more social media nuts’ blogs.
- Find a way to keep DR. WHAW? a regular feature without committing to posting it every single day (with my schedule, I can’t seem to make this work every day).
- Increase reader engagement as marked by number of comments, return readers and Tweets.
- Move to an apartment in Lakeview.
- Attend Lollapalooza in the summer.
- Try a Chicago-style hot dog and a sandwich from Lucky’s.
- Take the architectural boat tour.
- See the Boston Red Sox play at Wrigley Field (I know this may not even be possible but definitely worth a shot).
- Visit Washington, D.C., for the first time and do all of the typical touristy things.
- Visit my older sister in Amherst, Massachusetts, and my younger sister at the University of Minnesota.
- Visit Austin, Texas, to attend the SXSW conference in 2011 and find some old friends.
- Visit my mom’s parents in Kentucky and see my cousin wrestle in a state tournament (it will happen, Sean!).
- Travel to the ACC or NCAA tournament to watch the Tar Heels play their way into history again.
So there you have it. I know that some of these are lame and some may be quite difficult to achieve before I’m 25. Still, I believe these are all quite reasonable (and measurable!) goals for me. Just having written this list has made me happier, and really, isn’t that the real goal?